Thursday, September 2, 2010

happy september!

I know, I know. I'm a day late.

I'm excited to see if I can accomplish my September goals that I set for myself during Janel's Journaling for a Cause class.

They were:
*buy a vegan cookbook
*maybe buy a Kindle
*make one thing for the house/patio
*keep up with my schoolwork
*enjoy what the month brings me

Well, I think the Kindle will be out of the question due to cost (and the fact that I have zero dollars). Its a bummer, but I know I'll get one eventually. Its not a necessity, its just a want :)

I have been researching vegan cookbooks, and I think I'm going to buy Vegan With A Vengeance by Isa Moskowitz (or something like that). If you have read it and think it blows, let me know! Or if you know any good vegan cookbooks, I'd love to know. In my nutrition class, I've learned that at least two meals a week should be of the vegetarian/vegan variety, so I'm even more motivated to give it a try.

So far I'm on track with my schoolwork, which is awesome. I usually get overwhelmed when I take so many classes online at once. But the way some of the teachers have their classes formatted have been very accommodating and have taken the pressure off.

I haven't made anything for the house (give me a break, its only the second day of the month lol), but I did get some things the other day. I got some new knobs for my bathroom cabinets, I think it'll add a little personality to the bathrooms. I wanted to do mismatched knobs (to add interest and character), but the other half wasn't down with that. We have very different ideas when it comes to decorating, it can be a hassle sometimes. I also got a humming bird feeder (finally!), and now I want some more! We've already had some birds stop by to drink and visit, it makes me super happy.

So far, so good :) Hopefully the rest of month goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks <3